Andrey A. Shugaev graduated from the Faculty of Law of the Moscow State University in 1975. Doctor of Law since 1994, Professor since 1995.
In 1971 – 1978 he worked in the Moscow Public Prosecutor’s Office. This period included some years of work as senior investigator for cases of major importance.
He investigated complex, multi-episode crimes related to theft of public property, crimes in public office, crimes against normal functioning of the government, crimes against life and health of individuals.
In 1978 – 1985 Andrey Shugaev worked as an expert of the Legal Department of the Supreme Central Council of Trade Unions. While occupying this post he participated in the drafting of legislative and normative acts pertaining to the regulation of social and labor relationships. During the next ten years he worked as a scientific researcher in the State and Law Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
In 1995 Dr. Shugaev worked as an expert of the Legal Department of Rosprom Company (part of Menatep Group), later worked as a legal adviser to the Moscow Office of the International Bank for Reconstruction & Development (IBRD). While working with the IBRD he provided legal support in the allocation of a loan for the restructuring of Russian coal industry. Dr. Shugaev has been working for K&P since 1998. At present he is the Scientific Advisor of the law firm.
Throughout the period of his work Andrey Shugaev demonstrated his high professional skills as an expert in labor law, criminal law, criminal procedure, arbitration procedure and civil law. He also works as a Professor of the Advocacy Chair of the International Law Faculty of the Moscow State Institute (University) of International Relations (MGIMO) of the RF Ministry of Foreign Affairs since 2004. The Chair was established with assistance from Klishin & Partners Attorneys at Law, Moscow.
Certificates of merit, awards
- In 2000 he was awarded with the title of the Honorary Advocate of Russia for his conscientious work in rendering high-quality professional legal assistance to individuals and legal entities, ensuring the legality and equitableness of the Russian justice, high professional skills and excellence in work.
- In 2008, under the order of the Director of the Federal Bailiff Service of Russia (FBSR), Dr. Shugaev was awarded with the personal weapon – 9mm PM handgun – for his major personal contribution to the enhancement of law and order.
- He was awarded by the FBSR with the Medal for Merits and the Medal in Commemoration of 150th Anniversary of the FBSR.
- Order of Loyalty to the Duty of Advocate.
- Second Degree Medal of the RF Federal Bar Association of for the Merits in the Defense of the Rights and Liberties of Individuals